Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A New Year!

So it is 2008, how time has flown, the holidays went by like a blur. I think all I remember is presents, food, kids and the rest of the family. It just wasn't the same without mom but it was ok.

It is February now, almost Valentines day, time really is flying, I helped Caitie the other day to fill out her cards for her Valentine's day party and we are making chocolates tomorrow to give to her teacher. Nothing says you are special more then something made by hand.

I have been trying to finish projects that mom started before she passed but there are so many I think sometimes I just need a nap thinking about it, but I am bound and determined to finish them. I spent time painting the other day and finished a door hanger in time for Valentines day, still working on embroidering projects and crocheting, that is when I am not playing World of Warcraft the most addicting game EVER.

All I know is I am ready for spring, ready to plant flowers and start plotting out the garden. We have decided to keep it small this year, only tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and green beans. The best part will be NO MORE SNOW, I think I am done with winter and the aches and pains, I want to see life around me again and smell the sweetness in the air. The best part of the months to come is spring cleaning and a Huge garage sale we have planned, so much to get rid of, granted just so we can buy more things but it will be so worth all the work.

As I said in the last blog Caitie would be staying behind with me, I was so happy but did not realize the extent of the work ahead of me. She is doing better in school here then she was there and her attitude is improving more and more everyday with the help and guidance of Joe and the rest of my family. I am just so happy she is here and soon the boys will be coming to live with mommy permanently also, they are just not happy living with daddy, I always knew they were mommies babies. I just can't wait until my home is completely buzzing with the sounds of my children again. I still have to think though that my mother somewhere up there has to have something to do with it all, Thank you Momma.

In other news Joe and I are great, things are slowly looking up on both our ends, still a few potholes we haven't been able to dodge but I think honestly that things are going to get better. I made our favorite meal for dinner tonight also, I think I made Joe's night you know it is good and hits the spot when they can't even speak and all you hear is is mmmmmmm, good old corn beef and cabbage. I know a month too early but we just couldn't wait.

As for New Year's resolutions I really haven't made any except for try to be more organized and end the year with my sanity intact.

Well yet again time for rest Caitie will be getting up in 3 hours ready for the day and a bowl of cream of wheat ( per her request). And I myself a day of cleaning, phone calls, and wow until she gets home.

P.S. I wonder if corned beef and cabbage two days in a row is too much mmmmm, lol.

No comments: